Thursday, February 1, 2007

60 bpm.

There is nothing on God's green earth that I hate more than a ticking clock.


My parents have one in the kitchen at home and the very fist thing I do when I visit is take the battery out. Mom hated that at first but I think she's accepted it now. Can't sleep in the same house as it. It's ashame, too, because grandfather clocks look really great- and I'd love to have one someday- but I think my aversion to their sound will always prevent it.

All of this is true, but of course its allegorical.

And here, finally, after five months... is the first picture I took in Japan at my hotel in Osaka. Set the tone, this... and boy sometimes I do feel like a monster tall Gaijin around here. I'm lucky though... my head just barely grazes the doorframes! Ian cracks his skull on stuff all the time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just realized the only contact I've made in the last six months was a flip comment five minutes ago. So, heartfelt mode: I'm enjoying reading your blog, please keep it up, I'm glad the culture shock has eased and sorry the job sucks, and yes, that youtube response to the shredder was hilarious. Makes me want to don a mask and start making bitchy response videos to everything. Though I realize it takes real skill and taste to do well. Anyhow, have a great Japanese day. Best!

Tad